SharePoint - Acceleration
Microsoft Office SharePoint 2010 is a business productivity solution that brings information management and access, collaboration, and people-driven processes into the familiar environment where people do their work every day. People benefit from the familiarity and consistency of a single environment for all their information and collaboration tasks that is easy to learn, use, and personalise.
Your business can rapidly customise and extend the deployment of SharePoint Products and Technologies by using powerful out-of-the-box integration to extend current investments. Or your business can choose from a wide range of SharePoint Accelerators. With Black Marble’s Acceleration Guide for SharePoint, we can aid you make the most of your enterprise data, human expertise, process knowledge, and content to operate with greater agility in a dynamic and complex world.
Our SharePoint Acceleration Service helps address ways of improving how SharePoint is used throughout your organisation to ensure you make the most of the extensive features and services on offer with this product, beyond Document Management.
Black Marble knows that people and the way they work are the starting points for any SharePoint deployment. Black Marble can identify ways in which SharePoint can be used to ensure the people, processes, and information that people need, customised to their role, task, and personal work style are available.
The key strength of SharePoint is its ability to adapt to the needs of the business. There is a great deal of scope for development of custom elements, from reusable site templates to complex business process automation. Black Marble has a solid track record of creating custom elements for SharePoint which are tightly focused to meet the specific needs of the customer. These customisations can cover a number of broad areas
- SharePoint Services, including Excel Services, Infopath, Forms Services.
- SharePoint Accelerators
- Data Gathering
- Scorecarding and KPI functionality
Black Marble will identify key areas in your business that would benefit from a SharePoint Acceleration. However, where SharePoint is not the best fit, we will identify that too – we pride ourselves in only recommending the best tool for the job, and recognising that your business needs come first.
Key areas addressed by the Acceleration Service
The following are sample areas we can address through our Acceleration Service, though we do emphasise that each business has different requirements and not all of these may be appropriate for yours.
- SharePoint Services, including Excel Services, Infopath, Forms Services – Black Marble can identify areas in which your business can benefit from extending SharePoint through services including Excel and Infopath Forms.
- SharePoint Accelerators - All organisations require solutions directly relevant to their business. Black Marble has identified a series of key business needs, and has developed a portfolio of solutions that can be delivered out-of-the-box or customised to meet a specific business purpose, including an Absence Tracker and Expenses solution for Human Resources.
- Search - Bringing unstructured data assets under enterprise-wide management increases discoverability and utility of unstructured data, supports compliance requirements, simplifies IT administration, and enables protection of information assets through security and access policies.
- Workflow - Building workflows streamline processes, disseminates real-time business intelligence, and enables people and teams to operate efficiently and confidently.
- Data Gathering - focuses on the business data-oriented concepts such as how Business Data Catalog, Excel Services, Key Performance Indicators, Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports can be used within your business.
- Scorecarding and KPI functionality –we can help show how your business would benefit from its scorecard, dashboard, and analytic functionality.
How we carry out the Acceleration Service
After identifying the key stakeholders in your business, we then run our Acceleration Vision Workshop, where we identify the business processes that could be improved, and which would benefit from additional SharePoint features.
Through our Vision Workshops with your key stakeholders, we will do the following:
- Demonstrate key aspects of SharePoint to identify if there is anything, with some changes, that may improve their daily working lives.
- Identify any areas in their work that raises issues, and could be made easier or more efficient (using our knowledge to uncover how SharePoint can address these).
- Discuss how to improve the SharePoint experience through design considerations.
- Review existing Document Management needs and business processes.
- Offer guidance on how you can capture requirements for your approach to development of taxonomy and navigation.
How we carry out the Acceleration Service
- Initial scoping meeting to determine your key stakeholders.
- Workshop on site to engage with your stakeholders
- Meet with the users on the ground to determine which of their processes and procedures can be addressed with SharePoint Acceleration.
- Meet with senior management to determine what high level business needs can be addressed with SharePoint Acceleration
- Take detailed notes!
- Tailor a presentation to the key stakeholders highlighting the SharePoint functionality that can address the business issues raised in the Workshops.
- Deliver an Acceleration Vision Report to your organisation.
The Acceleration Report
The report will be a plan for successful delivery of SharePoint Acceleration within your organisation:
- Identified business needs that can be addressed through SharePoint Acceleration.
- Identified benefits to your business through implementation of SharePoint Acceleration.
- Recommended SharePoint Acceleration Features to address your identified requirements.
Black Marble’s SharePoint Team are Microsoft Services Ready, and emphasise the importance of following MCS Best Practice in all SharePoint implementations to ensure they are delivered ‘right first time, every time’.
For more information on our service you can call Lisa on +44 1274 300175.