The deck of Planning Poker cards from Black Marble is for your use in estimating. This deck contains enough cards for four esimators to each hold cards with the following values: ?, 0, ½, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 40, 100 and ∞.
- Each estimator selects a set of cards.
- The product owner or customer reads the item to be estimated.
- The item is discussed.
- Each estimator privately selects a card representing his or her estimate. The card is not shown to the other estimators.
- Once each estimator has selected a card, all cards are turned over at the same time.
- If everyone played the same card, that’s the estimate.
- If estimates are not the same, the group discusses the estimates, focusing especially on any outlying values.
- Repeat until estimates converge.